- A. Chu, M. Kern, K. Khan, K. LiPS, and J. Anders, “A 263GHz 32-Channel EPR-on-a-Chip Injection-Locked VCO-Array,” in 2023 IEEE International Solid- State Circuits Conference (ISSCC), in 2023 IEEE International Solid- State Circuits Conference (ISSCC). Feb. 2023, pp. 20–22. doi: 10.1109/ISSCC42615.2023.10067623.
- H. Lotfi et al., “A Diamond Quantum Magnetometer Based on a Chip-Integrated 4-way Transmitter in 130-nm SiGe BiCMOS,” in 2023 IEEE Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits Symposium (RFIC), in 2023 IEEE Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits Symposium (RFIC). Jun. 2023, pp. 253–256. doi: 10.1109/RFIC54547.2023.10186184.
- H. S. Funk et al., “Composition and magnetic properties of thin films grown by interdiffusion of Mn and Sn-Rich, Ge lattice matched SixGe1-x-ySny layers,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 546, p. 168731, Mar. 2022, doi: 10.1016/j.jmmm.2021.168731.
- M. A. Hassan et al., “Towards single-cell pulsed EPR using VCO-based EPR-on-a-chip detectors,” Frequenz, vol. 76, no. 11–12, Art. no. 11–12, 2022, doi: doi:10.1515/freq-2022-0096.
- K. Khan et al., “A 12.2 to 14.9 GHz injection-locked VCO array with an on-chip 50 MHz BW semi-digital PLL for transient spin manipulation and detection,” in 2022 IEEE 65th International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), in 2022 IEEE 65th International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS). Aug. 2022, pp. 1–4. doi: 10.1109/MWSCAS54063.2022.9859288.
- H. Lotfi, M. A. Hassan, M. Kern, and J. Anders, “A Compact C-band EPR-on-a-chip Transceiver in 130-nm SiGe BiCMOS,” in 2022 17th Conference on Ph.D Research in Microelectronics and Electronics (PRIME), in 2022 17th Conference on Ph.D Research in Microelectronics and Electronics (PRIME). Jun. 2022, pp. 157–160. doi: 10.1109/PRIME55000.2022.9816822.
- A. Sakr, M. A. Hassan, K. Khan, M. Kern, and J. Anders, “A distributed amplitude control loop for VCO-array-based EPR-on-a-chip detectors,” in 2022 17th Conference on Ph.D Research in Microelectronics and Electronics (PRIME), in 2022 17th Conference on Ph.D Research in Microelectronics and Electronics (PRIME). Jun. 2022, pp. 13–16. doi: 10.1109/PRIME55000.2022.9816840.
- A. Chu et al., “On the modeling of amplitude-sensitive electron spin resonance (ESR) detection using voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO)-based ESR-on-a-chip detectors,” Magnetic Resonance, vol. 2, no. 2, Art. no. 2, Sep. 2021, doi: 10.5194/mr-2-699-2021.
- A. V. Funes et al., “Single Molecule Magnet Features in the Butterfly CoIII2LnIII2 Pivalate Family with Alcohol-Amine Ligands,” European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 2021, no. 31, Art. no. 31, 2021, doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/ejic.202100467.
- M. A. Hassan, T. Elrifai, A. Sakr, M. Kern, K. Lips, and J. Anders, “A 14-channel 7 GHz VCO-based EPR-on-a-chip sensor with rapid scan capabilities,” in 2021 IEEE Sensors, in 2021 IEEE Sensors. Oct. 2021, pp. 1–4. doi: 10.1109/SENSORS47087.2021.9639513.
- D. Krüger, F. Dreyer, M. Kern, and J. Anders, “An S-band EPR-on-a-chip Receiver in 0.13 μm BiCMOS,” in 2021 28th IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits, and Systems (ICECS), in 2021 28th IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits, and Systems (ICECS). IEEE, Nov. 2021, pp. 1–5. doi: 10.1109/ICECS53924.2021.9665504.
- L. Tesi et al., “Plasmonic Metasurface Resonators to Enhance Terahertz Magnetic Fields for High-Frequency Electron Paramagnetic Resonance,” Small Methods, p. 2100376, Jul. 2021, doi: 10.1002/smtd.202100376.
- D. Weißhaupt et al., “Weak localization and weak antilocalization in doped Ge 1- y Sn y layers with up to 8% Sn,” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, vol. 33, no. 8, Art. no. 8, 2021, doi: 10.1088/1361-648X/abcb68.
- M. Kern et al., “Hybrid Spintronic Materials from Conducting Polymers with Molecular Quantum Bits,” Advanced Functional Materials, 2020, doi: 10.1002/adfm.202006882.
- D. Neusser, C. Malacrida, M. Kern, Y. M. Gross, J. van Slageren, and S. Ludwigs, “High Conductivities of Disordered P3HT Films by an Electrochemical Doping Strategy,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 32, no. 14, Art. no. 14, Jul. 2020, doi: 10.1021/acs.chemmater.0c01293.
- J. Hrubý et al., “A graphene-based hybrid material with quantum bits prepared by the double Langmuir–Schaefer method,” RSC Adv., vol. 9, no. 42, Art. no. 42, 2019, doi: 10.1039/C9RA04537F.
- R. Magnall et al., “Photolytic and Reductive Activations of 2-Arsaethynolate in a Uranium–Triamidoamine Complex: Decarbonylative Arsenic-Group Transfer Reactions and Trapping of a Highly Bent and Reduced Form,” Chemistry - A European Journal, vol. 25, no. 62, Art. no. 62, 2019, doi: 10.1002/chem.201903973.
- S. Bechler et al., “Formation of Mn5Ge3 by thermal annealing of evaporated Mn on doped Ge on Si(111),” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 33, no. 9, Art. no. 9, 2018, doi: 10.1088/1361-6641/aad4cf.
- F. Moro et al., “Room Temperature Uniaxial Magnetic Anisotropy Induced By Fe-Islands in the InSe Semiconductor Van Der Waals Crystal,” Advanced Science, vol. 5, no. 7, Art. no. 7, 2018, doi: 10.1002/advs.201800257.
- P. Neugebauer et al., “Ultra-broadband EPR spectroscopy in field and frequency domains,” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., vol. 20, no. 22, Art. no. 22, 2018, doi: 10.1039/C7CP07443C.
- P. Zhang et al., “Exchange coupling and single molecule magnetism in redox-active tetraoxolene-bridged dilanthanide complexes,” Chem. Sci., vol. 9, no. 5, Art. no. 5, 2018, doi: 10.1039/C7SC04873D.
- A. Øwre, M. Vinum, M. Kern, J. van Slageren, J. Bendix, and M. Perfetti, “Chiral, Heterometallic Lanthanide–Transition Metal Complexes by Design,” Inorganics, vol. 6, no. 3, Art. no. 3, Jul. 2018, doi: 10.3390/inorganics6030072.
- I. Nemec, R. Herchel, M. Kern, P. Neugebauer, J. van Slageren, and Z. Trávnícek, “Magnetic anisotropy and field-induced slow relaxation of magnetization in tetracoordinate CoII compound Co(CH_3(-im)_2Cl2,” Materials, vol. 10, no. 3, Art. no. 3, 2017, doi: 10.3390/ma10030249.
- M. Dörfel et al., “Torque-Detected Electron Spin Resonance as a Tool to Investigate Magnetic Anisotropy in Molecular Nanomagnets,” Magnetochemistry, vol. 2, no. 2, Art. no. 2, 2016, doi: 10.3390/magnetochemistry2020025.
- R. Koerner et al., “The Zener-Emitter: A novel superluminescent Ge optical waveguide-amplifier with 4.7 dB gain at 92 mA based on free-carrier modulation by direct Zener tunneling monolithically integrated on Si,” in 2016 IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM), in 2016 IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM). Dec. 2016, pp. 22.5.1-22.5.4. doi: 10.1109/IEDM.2016.7838474.
PostDoc in the group Prof. Anders at the University of Stuttgart, Germany
2015 - 2020
PhD in Physical Chemistry on Integration of Molecular Quantum Bits with Semiconductor Spintronics in the group of Prof. van Slageren at the University of Stuttgart, Germany
Master's thesis on Torque Detected Electron Spin Resonance at University of Stuttgart, Germany
7 month ERASMUS internship with a focus on High Field Electron Spin Resonance at University of Stuttgart, Germany
2012 - 2014
Designer at Honeywell Turbocharger Testing Laboratory, Brno, Czech Republic
2013 - 2015
Master studies in Physical engineering and nanotechnologies at Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic
Graduated with honors.
2010 - 2013
Bachelor studies in Physical engineering and nanotechnologies at Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic