We continuously offer the following types of student thesis projects
- Bachelor's thesis (360 working hours)
- Research project (450 working hours)
- Master's thesis (900 working hours)
All student projects are embedded in the research at the institute. They are often carried out in collaboration with other institutes, research institutions or industrial partners.
We offer state-of-the-art projects in the following areas:
- Sensors and metrology
- Biomedical engineering
- Integrated circuit design
- System design and system modeling
- Control engineering for sensor applications
- Signal and data processing for sensor applications
- Numerical field computations including visualization
- Multiphysics problems
- Software design for intelligent sensors
If you are interested, please write us an e-mail. We will then propose topics that suit your background and preferences.
Student projects can usually be started immediately. All student projects are supervised by a scientific employee of our institute. Research projects can also be carried out outside the institute, e.g. at an industrial or research partner.
Suggested topics at the IIS
Research / Master's thesis - Design of a digital phase-locked loop (DPLL) for 10 GHz serializers in a 22nm FD-SOI technology
Research thesis - Permanent magnet optimization using machine learning for spin sensing applications
Research/Master's thesis - Physical design of a sigma-delta ADC for NMR-on-a-chip transceiver
Master's thesis - Design and Implementation of a Semi-Digital PLL
Master's thesis - Design of a power amplifier in 130 nm SiGe BiCMOS for EPR spectroscopy
Master's thesis - 3D printing of NMR shim pieces using linear programming